Large independent hotel based in Aberdeen city centre.
- To migrate from their existing cloud provider on Exchange 2007 platform to Microsoft Office 365
- Providea more integrated solution between email, documents, and unified communications via Sharepoint and Lync
- Work around the 24 hour operation of the hotel
- An ageingIT network infrastructure and PC hardware had to be over come
- Migration of large mailboxes from an existing cloud provider
- Overloading the internet connection while migrating emails had to managed
- Switching from provider to an other to ensure no loss of email
- Office 365 small business package with Exchange, SharePoint and Lync unified communicator
- Working over the weekend and during the night to mininalise disruption.
- The use of migration tools to complete as much as possible of the groundwork offsite
- Setting up email forwarding from old accounts to new ones while MX record was changed over
Benefit to the business
- Hotel is due to replace its existing Windows 2003 infrastructure with Windows 2012 which will allow single sign in for both the Windows desktop and Office 365 applications.
- Centralisation of office documents for hotel templates