Shared mailbox chaos – Insert your company name here!
Our client based in the city centre of Glasgow had previously lost premises to fire and had a mixed result when it came to the recovery process. They engaged with Dunedin IT to ensure any future scenarios would play out a lot smoother.
- Reduce the complexity of the backup processes
- Simplify the recovery process
- Give the directors confidence and reassurance
- Provide onsite and offsite recovery solutions
- Ensure the company data is protected throughout the day
- Reduce risk to business if the companies storage platform (SAN) failed
- Limited capital expenditure
- Limited internet connection
- Data is spread across six servers
- Over 2,000 GB of company data
- Storage platform was a single point of failure for all the servers in the business
IT Solution Delivered
- Disaster Recovery as a Service delivered as Dunedin IT in a box
- Volume-based backup solution snapshot all six servers
- Single recovery server that could virtually recover all servers protecting against hardware failure on site.
- The single recovery server also contained the backups keeping the whole process simple
- Only Incremental changes sent to the data centre allowing the solution to work with limited backup bandwidth
- The same backup and recovery process mirrored at Dunedin IT data centre. Keeping the process simple and easy to understand.
- Recovery process tested, documented and improved every six months
Benefits to the business
- Directors and IT manager confidence grew through testing and regular updating of the Disaster Recovery plan
- Helped the business with compliance and tender processes
- Delivered as an operational expenditure with no capital investment required
- Increased uptime of IT systems
- The solution scales with companies continuing growth today