Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan
Dunedin IT can provide both an onsite and offsite backup and recovery system, which would facilitate a robust Disaster Recovery Plan. We can provide a facility that will allow businesses to continue to operate should the business suffer a total disaster such as the destruction of the Office.
How Disaster Recovery works
Your company data (servers, critical PCs, network storage etc) are backed up onsite to the Dunedin IT box (BDR Box) and then offsite to our two data centres in England and Scotland.
Benefits of a managed backup to the business
- No expensive hardware or software purchases required
- Backups throughout the day protecting business
- Monthly managed backup service
- Every night backups are replicated to the data centre
- Protects business against fire, access, physical damage etc
Features of offsite backup solution
- Dunedin IT box is powerful enough to run the servers/network storage virtually onsite or within the data centre
- Protects you against local hardware failures
- Rapid recovery onsite & offsite – allowing you to plan long-term solution without
The whole system is tested twice a year by a senior engineer. Servers and virtual desktops are re-created within Dunedin IT Data Centre and on local BDR box in your office. A Business Disaster Recovery Plan is updated with test results, video, giving the business blue-print on how re-build the IT systems.
Disaster Recovery as a Service
Want us to help with your backup and recovery strategy, speak to David or Jamie today
firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 058 1701
Backup related blog posts
- Peace of mind
- Business Continuity
- Recovery plan, not backup
- Local power failure
- Large fire blocks access to workplace
- Transport routes closed
- Bad weather restricts access to office
- Do you keep multiple versions of the backups?
- How are the backups managed?
- What are the recovery processes and how long will they take?