Dunedin IT and your office move
When it comes to moving your business to a new premises it is important that you consider how your IT systems will be affected. Dunedin IT has plenty of experience with helping existing and new clients move offices over the years. Here is a list of things you should start consider when moving offices.
- Managed offices – Does the new office already provide many of the IT services for you? Will these be compatible or desirable with your existing IT setup?
- Internet connection – Can you get an internet connection and what speed will it be compared to your existing one? Does your current service provider operate in that area and provide a like for like service? Can your internet service provider have cross over period so you still have an internet connection during the move?
- Internal network – Does the new premises have structured cabling for your PCs? Will you have enough network points for your PCs, laptops and printers? Along with network points what about power points? How many wireless access points will the new office need? Does the office have centralised area where all network points can be plugged into a centralised switch?
- VoIP & Other IT Services – If you host your email on an office server, how this be handled when its offline? Remote access to your office IT services will also need to be considered? How will handle the moving of phone services and telephone numbers?
- Servers & Equipment – Do you have suitable area that is safe and security for your servers and other important IT equipment?
- Upgrades and Budget – Would now be a good time to upgrade old hardware rather transport bulk old monitors and PCs? Will your IT support company help with a move out of office hours?
Above is just sample of thing Dunedin IT will help you with when you decide to move offices. On many occasions we are happy to look at potential premises before you commit to help with the decision making process.